El Centro Elementary School District was chosen for the California Pivotal Practice Award in recognition of the efforts and successes during the past two years. The award was specifically received for supporting our community during the pandemic.
This included, but is not limited to:
- Community feeding program which distributed over 3 million meals to our students, even during the hottest weather
- Distribution, maintenance and community support of the deployment of technology, including internet devices and Chromebooks, as well as our community/staff technical support efforts
- Implementation of the curriculum during the pandemic
- Health related services - including the creation of health aide positions and mass testing capabilities
- Maintenance and custodial efforts
- Physical improvements to our campus to support a healthy environment for all staff and students.
Congratulations to ALL of you!