GENERAL RULES AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Applicant shall comply with all District Policies, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, policies prohibiting the use of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol on District property. Violation of District policies, rules and regulations may result in immediate termination of applicant’s activity, closure of the facility and denial of future use permits. Applicant shall announce the District’s alcohol, tobacco, and drug free policy at the commencement of activities held on District property.
2. Applicant shall abide by the hours stipulated in the permit. All persons participating in or attending Applicant’s activity shall be vacated from the facility at the expiration of the authorized use period.
3. Applicant shall exercise appropriate care to maintain the facility during use and to restore the facility to its condition prior to use. If Applicant fails to abide by this rule, Applicant will be charged for services necessary to clean and restore the facility. In such event, Applicant’s permit will be suspended, and no other permit will be issued to Applicant until full payment is received.
4. Applicant shall have the use permit available for inspection at all times during the authorized use period.
5. Property Condition: The ECESD makes no warranties or representations as to the fitness of the facilities or equipment to be used in connection with the event above named. The ECESD does not warrant or represent that the facilities and or equipment are reasonably safe for the use intended above or that there is adequate security for the use of facilities and or equipment.
6. The permit may be suspended in an emergency situation when a conflicting District or public school need to use the facility arises after issuance of permit.
7. Prior to use of any facility, Applicant shall pay the fee specified in the permit. Fees are specified when booking a room. This includes a $100 cleaning deposit. Cleaning deposit will be returned if facilities are left in proper order. Trash is to be picked up, floors to be swept and/or mopped. Tables and chairs to be returned to designated area, etc. Any required staff time at the end of the use to clean facilities will be deducted from the deposit.
8. Kitchen rental requires that an ECESD food service employee be present at all times.
9. Insurance: Any group or person using the school facilities shall be liable for any injuries resulting from negligence during such use. The group or persons shall bear the cost of insuring against this risk and defending against any claims arising from the risk. At all times during the use of the facility user shall, at its own cost and expense, procure, continue and maintain in full force comprehensive general liability insurance at a minimum amount of $1,000,000. Said insurance shall name the said organization and shall include the El Centro Elementary School District (ECESD) and its officers, agents and employees as named additional insured. A Certificate of insurance and all fees shall be provided to the School District no later than five (5) school days before the use of facilities.
It is further agreed that User’s insurance shall be considered primary insurance for the payment and indemnification of any costs and/or damages. ECESD’s comprehensive general liability insurance shall be considered “excess” coverage, which shall become obligated only upon exhaustion of the primary coverage.
10. Education Code 38136 requires that individuals and organizations desiring to use school facilities execute, under penalty of perjury, agree to following Statement of Information.
The requestor acknowledges that, to the best of his/her knowledge, the school property for use of which application is hereby made will not be used for the commission of any act intended to further any program or movement the purpose of which is to accomplish the overthrow of the government of the United States by force, violence or other unlawful means and that, to the best of his/her knowledge, it is not a Communist action organization or Communist front organization required by law to be registered with the Attorney General of the United States.
11. ECESD prohibits discrimination based upon race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For questions, concerns or complaints, please contact the Associate Superintendent (Title IX Coordinator) at 1256 Broadway, (760) 352-5712, ext. 8522.
||HOURLY FEES BY ROOM TYPE
||Multipurpose Room with Kitchen
|District Related Group
|Direct Cost Non-Profit Group
|Fair Rental Value Group