El Centro Elementary School District is committed to serving the community during this crisis. We recognize the importance of children having access to a well-balanced meal and will continue to serve meals during school closure.
This page will be updated regularly with information on our community feeding program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact food services at (760) 353-9200 ext. 9617.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What days and time are you serving meals?
- Monday through Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Where can I find serving locations in El Centro?
- We are serving at five school sites; Harding Elementary, Hedrick Elementary, McKinley Elementary, Martin Luther King Elementary and Washington Elementary. Please see photos below for address and drive-thru location.
- There are additional locations being offered by neighboring agencies including Central Union High School, Desert Oasis and Southwest High School. Please check their website at http://www.cuhsd.net/ for more information.
- Does my child need to attend school at El Centro Elementary School District?
- No, the feeding program is for any child 0 to 18 years of age.
- Does the child need to be present to receive a meal?
- Yes, current regulations require we have the child present to serve.
- What safety precautions is the food services department taking?
- Our kitchen staff is being health screened by a registered nurse each morning before reporting to work. Rest assured that anyone exhibiting any signs of illness are not preparing food.
- We are following all health department and USDA protocols for site cleanliness and sanitation.